Sr. Scientist- Cancer Immunotherapy Bioinformatics
We are seeking an experienced Computational Biologist/bioinformatics scientist to be part of the growing Genomics team at Jounce. This position will play a key role in the to target identification/validation of new targets. The successful candidate will help build the company’s bioinformatics capabilities focusing on analysis of internal data and public databases to identify novel potential targets in the Cancer Immunology field. In addition, this position will also provide indication selection strategies and predictive and/or pharmacodynamic biomarker development efforts to the program teams at Jounce Therapeutics. The ideal candidate will also have established skills in RNAseq or mid-density platform analyses and familiarity with pathway analyses and gene signature generation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing expression data and mutation/CNV and NGS data sets.
- Mining public databases and internal datasets to determine expression patterns to classify tumors
- Mapping in vitro data onto human tumor data to understand relevance of in vitro and in vivo drug response for the clinic
- Developing and building gene expression signature profiles
- Participating in disease focused translational biomarker programs and clinical biomarker assessment
- Performing integrative analysis of gene expression, flow cytometry, protein, and drug response data for baseline and post‐dose biomarker discovery
- Working effectively in cross-functional project teams in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A PhD in systems biology, computational biology, or bioinformatics or equivalent experience required with 5-8 years of progressive scientific experience is required.
- Proficient in the identification, download, manage, and analysis of high-dimensional data sets
- Analysis of mRNA expression from various platforms such as Fluidigm, high throughput PCR, NanoString, and RNAseq to support pipeline programs
- Experience with MATLAB and R software and relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL are essential
- Experience in investigating immunology, inflammation, cancer immunotherapy, or infectious disease modeling strongly preferred
- Hands on experience in analysis to support predicitive biomarkers in the context of clinical trials is preferred.
- Experience with machine learning and Bayesian learning & classification tools, as well as network modeling is preferred.
- Experience in single cell sequencing analysis algorithms is a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams to integrate computational biology approaches to advance R&D programs