Scientist/Senior Scientist(s) – Discovery Biology
We are seeking highly motivated and creative scientists to join the Discovery group at Jounce Therapeutics. The successful candidates will have a strong scientific background in immunology and/or oncology, and a strong interest or aptitude to apply it to drug discovery. The successful candidates will directly contribute to target identification, validation, characterization and selection of antibody-based cancer immunotherapeutics.
- Design, develop and perform experiments to characterize targets and pathways and to assess and select functional antibody therapeutic candidates. Hands-on laboratory contribution is essential.
- Analyze, interpret and document data and communicate results in group and leadership settings
- Key intellectual contributor to the biology and tool discovery efforts
- Mentor and manage a research associate
- PhD in cancer immunology or immunology with 0 – 2 years of relevant postdoctoral experience, with industry experience a plus.
- Strong conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular and molecular immunology.
- Direct experience in- or a solid understanding of- cancer immunotherapy
- Extensive hands-on experience with isolation of immune cells from human and mouse tissues, multicolor flow cytometry and cell-based assays such as T cell activation/proliferation assays, ADCC/CDC assays, macrophage functional assays, B cell assays and/or MLR assays is required.
- Hands-on experience with in vivo tumor models, with experience in the development of assays to assess antibody functionality is strongly preferred
- A broad set of assay skills in molecular biology, DNA, RNA and protein techniques is strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- A creative, problem-solving, collaborative and goal-oriented mindset is essential
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Publications demonstrating ability to successfully lead projects