Principal/Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
We are seeking a highly motivated in vivo pharmacology scientist with industry experience, preferably with expertise in the area of immune oncology and with biologics experience. This individual will have strong hands-on background with syngeneic tumor models and familiarity with humanized models for evaluation of novel cancer immunotherapies. The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter, adept at multi-tasking, with a track record of productivity.
- Overseeing design and execution of in vivo studies, standardization of in vivo models, and development and characterization of new models to support project advancement as necessary
- Provide the scientific leadership for in vivo pharmacology and will have one direct report as well as managing in vivo work at external CROs as warranted
- Work with scientists cross-functionally to ensure high scientific quality of all in vivo studies and serve as in vivo representative on program teams
- Stay up-to-date on relevant scientific literature and possess outstanding experimental skills, as well as a willingness to work hands-on
- PhD degree in immunology, oncology or related field with 4-8 years of industry experience in pharmacology/in vivo studies
- Experience with in vivo model selection and evaluation, benchmarking and standardization of models, design of PK/PD studies, drug combination strategies, ex vivo analyses.
- Strong hands-on in vivo pharmacology skills, including cell line work, preparation of test compounds, dosing, blood and tissue collection for PK and PD biomarker analysis.
- Line management experience, as well as experience managing external work at CROs
- Works well both independently and as part of multiple collaborative teams
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Jounce Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer. The company is discovering and developing novel cancer immunotherapies designed to harness the immune system to attack tumors and provide long-lasting benefits to patients. Jounce integrates translational science insights including identification of related biomarkers designed to match the right immunotherapy to the right patients. The company is advancing programs that leverage contributions from its world-class founders as well as knowledge acquired from Jounce’s Translational Science Platform to create a sustainable “discovery to human proof-of-concept” product engine with the potential to drive significantly more durable responses to treatment. Founded by world leaders in tumor immunology, cancer biology and clinical and translational medicine, Jounce Therapeutics was launched in 2013 with funding from leading life sciences investor, Third Rock Ventures.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume to Careers@JounceTx.com with the job title in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited