Medical Director/Senior Medical director
The Medical Director will design and execute clinical development strategy for Jounce’s lead immune-oncology product candidate, JTX-2011, an agonist antibody to ICOS. He or she will be responsible for all clinical activities related to JTX-2011 sponsored studies. As Jounce grows and brings new drugs into the clinic, there will be an opportunity to take on more responsibility and play an important leadership role in the company.
- Protocol development
- Study implementation
- Medical Monitoring
- Safety oversight
- Primary contact with study investigators
- Study enrollment
- Data analysis and interpretation and primary author of clinical study reports
- Clinical support to clinical operations, regulatory, research, and manufacturing functions
- Clinical representative on Product Team and other cross-functional teams
- MD with at least 3 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience in oncology clinical development; experience in early phase and in immuno-oncology preferred.
- Board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology
- In depth knowledge and experience with Good Clinical Practice
- Experience designing, conducting, serving as medical monitor, and analyzing data in Phase 1-2 clinical trials in oncology.
- Experience with companion diagnostics
- Experience interacting with Contract Research Organizations
- Prior experience writing and submitting INDs to FDA; experience with pre-IND and EOP1 meetings preferred.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, & prioritize work on multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written skills
- History of strong relationships with academic investigators
Company Overview Jounce Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer. The company is discovering and developing novel cancer immunotherapies designed to harness the immune system to attack tumors and provide long-lasting benefits to patients. Jounce integrates translational science insights including identification of related biomarkers designed to match the right immunotherapy to the right patients. The company is advancing programs that leverage contributions from its world-class founders as well as knowledge acquired from Jounce’s Translational Science Platform to create a sustainable “discovery to human proof-of-concept” product engine with the potential to drive significantly more durable responses to treatment. Founded by world leaders in tumor immunology, cancer biology and clinical and translational medicine, Jounce Therapeutics was launched in 2013 with funding from leading life sciences investor, Third Rock Ventures