IN VIVO ONCOLOGY ASSOCIATE
The Preclinical Development department at Jounce Therapeutics is seeking an individual experienced in a variety of in vivo handling techniques. The successful candidate will play an important role in the discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics for Jounce’s immune-oncology portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Syngeneic tumor inoculation
- Tumor growth measurements
- Dosing of therapeutics
- Collection of bleeds and necropsy
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related science field with 4-8 years of relevant in vivo experience in a biotech or industrial setting
- Extensive experience with in vivo mouse models
- Hands-on expertise with implantable tumor models
- Ability to follow defined procedures and protocols
- Willingness to learn new research methods
- Strong attention to detail
- Great record-keeping, communication and time-management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work
- Interest in working in a highly collaborative, fast paced and exciting biotech environment.
Jounce Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer. The company is discovering and developing novel cancer immunotherapies designed to harness the immune system to attack tumors and provide long-lasting benefits to patients. Jounce integrates translational science insights including identification of related biomarkers designed to match the right immunotherapy to the right patients. The company is advancing programs that leverage contributions from its world-class founders as well as knowledge acquired from Jounce’s Translational Science Platform to create a sustainable “discovery to human proof-of-concept” product engine with the potential to drive significantly more durable responses to treatment. Founded by world leaders in tumor immunology, cancer biology and clinical and translational medicine, Jounce Therapeutics was launched in 2013 with funding from leading life sciences investor, Third Rock Ventures. Jounce recently announced a global strategic collaboration with Celgene Corporation focused on developing and commercializing innovative immuno-oncology treatments for patients with cancer. This partnership represents a significant financial investment for both companies including an upfront payment of $225 million, a $36 million equity investment and up to an additional $2.3 billion in future milestone payments across all programs included in the collaboration.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume to Careers@JounceTx.com with the job title in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.