Associate Scientist/Senior Research Associate, Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist to join the Discovery group at Jounce Therapeutics. The successful candidate will have strong scientific background and extensive laboratory-based experience in immunology or cancer immunotherapy. The successful candidate will make direct laboratory contributions to target identification, validation, characterization and selection of antibody-based cancer immunotherapeutics.
- Design, develop and perform experiments independently or under limited supervision
- Analyze, interpret and document data and communicate results in group settings
- Efficiently work across teams, departments and disciplines
- BS or MS degree in immunology or a related field with 5-8 years of experience, industry experience is preferred.
- Direct working experience in- or a solid understanding of- cancer immunotherapy
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell culture (cell lines and primary cells), isolation of immune cells from human and mouse tissues, flow cytometry and cell-based assays such as T cell activation/proliferation assays, macrophage functional assays, B cell assays and/or MLR assays
- Experience with transient and stable transfection of cell lines and/or primary cells using siRNA, plasmids, lentiviral constructs and in molecular biology (e.g., ELISA/MSD, PCR/qPCR) an advantage
- Excellent scientific rigor, organizational and time management skills
- A pro-active, problem-solving, collaborative and goal-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment